Proverbs 3:6 ~ Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Unable to Take any Orders For a While

Hi everyone,
Yesterday while getting dog food I received a phone call from my alarm company that they were dispatching the fire department to my home due to the smoke alarms going off!!! I thought there is now way, it must be a malfunction, I had just left not too long ago. I called my husband and we raced home. The house was on fire and the dog was in the house. The kids and I prayed the entire way home while racing through traffic and all the road construction. I called my BFF and asked her to get to the house to get Maggie since she was only about a mile from our house. Anyway after we got there the firemen had put it out already and were trying to secure the home so we could go in. What Happened? Well the dryer malfunctioned and caught the whole laundry room, garage, bedroom and half bathroom on fire. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE YOUR DRYERS ON WHEN YOU ARE NOT HOME!  The home is not livable at all and we will be out for a minimum of 2 months we have been told. All of my cookie and cupcake stuff is stored in the bedroom off the laundry room (its my Crumbled Cookies Office) so it will be a while before anything is up and running again. Did I mention that we are due to go on vacation Friday?
The awesome thing is that what the devil tried to make a bad situation and God turned it around for good. Our dog was fine, we get new wood floors (ours go through almost the entire home) new carpet in the bedrooms from the smoke damage, new paint throughout, clothes laundered and brand new ones too, new insulation in the attic, new ac ducting, basically you name it we are getting it!
I'll try and post pics when I can. But have a fun and safe rest of the summer.
Blessings to you and your families.

Tiffanie

3 comments:

  1. Tiffanie,
    I am SO sorry to hear about the fire. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that everyone is SAFE!!! How scary!!! Thinking about you!!

    Plus I gave you an award over on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, so sorry to hear about the fire! I came to your site today to order cookies for my husband's birthday...but we will figure something else out and am thankful your family is safe and doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete